Monday, May 27, 2013

Buzzing

This next challenge comes from Sketch Saturday.  Here is the inspiration:

 
And here is my creation:
 
 
I used one of my favorite techniques on this card.  I stamped the image in the lighter ink color first, then I offset the stamp just barely and stamped again in the darker ink color.  I love the hint of yellow that pops out by stamping this way.  I also colored in the bodies of the bees with a watercolor pencil, just for emphasis!
 
Supplies:
Cocoa Cardstock
Surf's Up Cardstock
Colonial White Cardstock
Cocoa Exclusive Ink®
Crème Brulee Exclusive Ink®
Sunflower Watercolor Pencil
My Acrylix® Quick Cards - Bumble Bee Stamp Set
My Acrylix® Buzz & Bumble Workshop Stamp Set
Corner Rounder
Natural Hemp
Mosaic Sticker *
 
*Not a Close To My Heart Product*
 

2 comments:

  1. That's a really great card... I love bees and bumble bees :-). Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! And it would make an awesome boy card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete