Saturday, May 25, 2013

Simple Butterflies

Now that school is out for the semester and I am taking the summer off, I have a ton of free time.  I have cleaned my house thoroughly and am waiting for my husband to do his "honey-do's" so I can get back to painting.  In the meantime I figured I would try some more sketch challenges...so there will be a ton of posts to share!

The first challenge is Freshly Made Sketches #87.  Here is the sketch:

                                          

And here is my card:

 
I created the design on the New England Ivy cardstock by using a stamp from Hello Tweety (I love doing this because you can create patterned paper that fits your project perfectly!).  The butterflies were stamped in Goldrush and then Chocolate to give them a beautiful look.
 
Supplies:
White Daisy Cardstock
New England Ivy Cardstock
New England Ivy Exclusive Ink®
Goldrush Exclusive Ink®
Chocolate Exclusive Ink®
Hello Tweety My Acrylix® Stamp Set
Butterfly Kiss My Acrylix® Stamp Set (RETIRED)
 
*Supplies are from Close To My Heart*



1 comment:

  1. I love how you used the sketch on a square card and the rounded corners soften the look. Beautiful use of the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete